Author: John Read, Loren R. Mosher , Richard P. Bentall
Series: The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series
Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (April 18, 2004)
Models of Madness shows that hallucinations and delusions are understandable reactions to life events and circumstances rather than symptoms of a supposed genetic predisposition or biological disturbance. International contributors:
* critique the ‘medical model’ of madness
* examine the dominance of the ‘illness’ approach to understanding madness from historical and economic perspectives
* document the role of drug companies
* outline the alternative to drug based solutions
* identify the urgency and possibility of prevention of madness.
Models of Madness promotes a more humane and effective response to treating severely distressed people that will prove essential reading for psychiatrists and clinical psychologists and of great interest to all those who work in the mental health service. This book forms part of the International Society for the Psychological Treatment of Psychoses series edited by Brian Martindale.
Download Models of Madness 1st Edition Pdf
If you want to download Models of Madness 1st Edition Pdf then here is Models of Madness 1st Edition Pdf for you. Just click on the below link to download Models of Madness 1st Edition Pdf: